Under Armour, has a very interesting ad campaign lately. I see the commercials every day... Athletes hard at work in practice... Giving it their everything. Every last bit of effort that they can possibly give, all for one reason: To make themselves better. They push themselves to the very limits of their bodies and minds. They break themselves down, over and over again.
But nonetheless, the heart remains strong, while the mind and body are at their limits. Out of it all, they're better, faster, and stronger... More prepared to taken on the games that they love.
Change often requires such a break down. You must tear down all that is before it can be rebuilt into something better. This applies just as much to structures and things as it does to people. It's hard to change or to make oneself better or different without tearing down what's currently in place.
I've come to the conclusion that I must undertake a similar process of breaking down everything that I currently know of myself. Down to the very core... down to the heart. I must let go of the things that cause so much stress in life. I have to let go of memories which prevent me from moving forward and start doing so. I must remember my core and rebuild around it.
Tonight I rest. Tonight I reflect.
Tomorrow I begin to rebuild, one step at a time.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment