Of course... this is just a rough draft.. and maybe one day I'll expand it. Maybe one day I'll even finish the guitar tabs to accompany it. But this is what came to mind. And I know that, at least to someone, the inspiration is obvious...
"Dance with Me"
So many nights, I watched away
Sitting by the side, waiting for the day
When I could finally let all it go (all go…)
I was mezmoried just by the way
That you spun around over the place
Hoping that my fear didn’t show (didn’t show… no…)
For I loved the way you moved around
You turned my world all upside down
Just with a smile, my heart would a skip beat (skip a beat…)
Please come on over and take my hand
Lead me the way your body can
Come on baby, just come and dance with me…
Dance with me…
I watched the way you looked around
Waiting for me to get off the ground
And make my way onto the floor with you (floor with you…)
But instead I stayed watching all alone
Even though my heart yearned all along
Waiting for you to come closer dear (closer dear…)
For I loved the way you moved around
You turned my world all upside down
Just with a smile, my heart would a skip beat (skip a beat…)
Please come on over and take my hand
Lead me the way your body can
Come on baby, just come and dance with me…
Dance with me…
But I waited just too long…
Now I feel so alone…
I rid myself of fear…
But now you’re just not here…
So instead again I wait…
Hoping for just one day…
For I loved the way you moved around
You turned my world all upside down
Just with a smile, my heart would a skip beat (skip a beat…)
Please come on over and take my hand
Lead me the way your body can
Come on baby, just come and dance with me…
Dance with me…
Dance with me…
Don’t leave me be…
Just dance with me…
I need you here…
Come closer dear…
And dance with me…
Dance with me…
Won't you dance with me…
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment