Tuesday, January 24, 2012

5 AM

5 AM comes quickly every day, yet it seems to have come even quicker on this particular day. Sleep though there may have been, there is no rest, no relaxation. Only dreams. Only thoughts. Only reasons to stay awake, and a few reasons to wish that I didn't have to leave this bed.

But here it is. Another morning to wake and go through the same routine of going to work, coming home, and going back to sleep, and doing it all over again. Another day to fight through my desires which pull my attention elsewhere and instead focus on the tasks at hand. Another night to try to sleep, though the rest may not come again. It hasn't for a few days now, but maybe tonight will be different.

Each passing day I usually learn something, although it seems like that's not true of late. Lately it's a bit stagnant... Lately there's a hump which it seems like I can't find my way to pass. It's not a new hump... It's a hump that's been there for years, one that I've found myself coming up against many times... a hump that I've never been able to get by on my own.

It's amazing how quickly 5 AM becomes 5:20 AM... Time to get up, get dressed... get ready to face the new day. Hopefully I get to learn something new today :).

No comments: