Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why I'm Awake at 3 AM

So... I wake up at 3 AM this morning, head pounding, stomach aching... Tired, yet restless and unable to fall back asleep. I figured that maybe if I got all of the thoughts and leftovers from dreams out... Maybe then I could fall back asleep. Hopefully I could fall back asleep...

Dreams
- Played Battlefield 3 on my own team... Me vs everyone, playing the silent stalker... Creeping stealthily through buildings, trees, and foliage to survive (Note to self: Probably played too much Battlefield 3)
- Some odd zombie game, the rules of which I can't explain. I hate zombie games.
- I taught someone how to create a character on a wrestling game that I last played over 10 years ago (Note to self: Maybe I play too many video games in general)
- Clocks. Looking at websites to find a clock to use for some lady's presentation/video conference. I don't know why she wants a clock, but I spend what seems like forever finding one to put on screen for her to use.

Thoughts
- Tired... definitely tired.
- The idea of not going to work sounds great in theory. Rest... make sure I feel better before having family and friends over for Thanksgiving starting on Wednesday. I won't of course. I'll just take some over the counter meds and get stuff done.
- Things to do at work: send e-mails for stakeholder representatives... figure out how to do an external video conference with solutions which haven't been done before and get it done within a week. Need to test PC-based solutions to see if they can work without looking horrible on projection screens. Need to make sure that vacation schedule is updated.
- Need to finish cleaning and getting a few more things before tomorrow.
- I should really follow through on those blood pressure tests.
- Need to find a good multivitamin. Maybe that'll help with the fatigue issues that I've been having.
- I wonder how much a dietician would cost. Maybe that's been contributing to trouble with indigestion and other stomach pains.
- Sometimes I wish there was a reset button. For many, many reasons...
- I need to pull weeds out of the front beds. And probably trim the tree that doesn't look like it's going to grow. And get some sort of ant killer. And a mount for the hose.. Which would require a drill and masonry bits. In fact, I'd need three mounts, not just one. And a ladder. And change out a certain light fixture. And add a ceiling fan. And finish setting up the mounts for the living room speakers, but only after testing to see whether or not the textured paint I'm thinking of will do a good job of covering the pre-existing holes that'll need to be moved. Which reminds me of the holes that need to be filled where the old alarm system keypad was mounted before the new one was installed.
- I think too much in the wee hours of the morning.
- I still have time for an hour long nap... I think I'll take it.

No comments: